Pages

Monday, August 27, 2007

A Real Virtual Weekend

A Real Virtual Weekend: "The trip to Chicago was a good one and I was very happy I could be part of this years Second Life Community Conference.

Helge: Haven't yet got started with second life. Still too busy with my my first one.

It did feel weird not to have a camera in my hand taking casual photos of everyone like I usually do. But, I respected the rules and didn’t feel like getting in any shouting matches. I did take pictures of a few people that I knew I could and posted them, but compared to other events I go to the number was WAY WAY down.

Helge: This is one of the things I've to get into.

What makes me most happy though is how well received our Virtual Thirst presentation was. Joel from The Electric Sheep Company does an amazing write up on it. You almost don’t need the audio or slides since he somehow captured the majority of it.

Helge: The way we record everything, make notes and seldom have time to go back and reflect. I guess the manual work, activity has a meaning for learning.

I did record our whole talk, but am not sure how well it turned out. I haven’t had a time to listen to it yet. Met way to many great people to list out by name. Plus, I wouldn’t know if I should use their real names or Avatar names.

Helge: How real and unreal meets in 2nd Life?

I do know that I’ve had an educator and a reporter on my mind a ton since I left and not for the most obvious reasons. I also had an amazing chat with an up and coming musician in the lobby of the hotel just before I left that gave me a huge smile! When you are in Second Life you experience the diversity of people in world."

Helge: Basically the same as you meet at seminars, BaseCamps and Congresses, Isn't it?

No comments: