Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Assuming Too Much About The Web We See | Common Craft - Explanations In Plain English

Assuming Too Much About The Web We See | Common Craft - Explanations In Plain English: "I wouldn't call it disappointment, but rather a dose of reality. I spent the last week in Las Vegas at the Community 2.0 conference and with my family thereafter. Coming back, I must say that the trip gave me some much-needed perspective. Let me explain," writes leelefever on May 20, 2008 - 12:59pm.

We work from home. We make videos, we put them on the Web, people watch them. We track our views, our Technorati links, our mentions in Twitter, our blog comments. A good percentage of people we see in social situations in Seattle are aware of our work. Most of the email we receive is about the videos and of course, it dominates our discussions at home. This is all misleading and a bit unhealthy."

No comments: