Today’s [June26, 2008] Blogger release is a big one for Blogger in Draft. Let’s lead off with the quick stuff:
- Google Gadget integration continues to improve, with better editing of gadget preferences.
- The new look for the Dashboard has seen a handful of tweaks, including a new button style that we’re trying out and, by popular demand, the “show all blogs” toggle is now sticky.
- The subscribe page element has been published to WWW.
- We’ve added a “Make Blogger in Draft my default dashboard” to the Blogger in Draft dashboard, so now you don’t have to remember to type “draft.blogger.com” instead of “www.blogger.com.”
- So you can easily keep up with the news, we’ve added this blog as a tab on the Blogger in Draft Dashboard.
- Webmaster Tools Verification. Turn this on to automatically add and verify all your blogs on Google’s Webmaster Tools.
- Star ratings. Add a 0–5 star rating control to the bottom of your posts so that your readers can rate them.
- Import / export of blogs. Back up all of your posts and comments to one Atom XML file on your computer, and import your posts from one blog to another.
- Embedded comment form. By incredibly popular demand, we’ve brought the comment form to your blog’s post pages, with support for Google Account and OpenID authentication.
- New post editor. We’ve completely revised the post editor, bringing in drag-and-drop image placement and better HTML handling.