Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Yandex Proves We Don’t Have Bears on the Streets in Russia | Profy | Internet news and commentary

Yandex Proves We Don’t Have Bears on the Streets in Russia | Profy | Internet news and commentary: "It is invariably funny to watch people’s reaction when I mention that in addition to having a Russian name I actually happen to work from Russia. People seem to actually want to ask if we actually have any broadband connection here. I believe this is the same for many people outside of the US working in the social media blogging or launching their own startups. And this is why I actually have to admit I am a bit internationally biased and when I get a piece of news from a startup located somewhere in Europe or Asia, I’m normally very much inclined to check it out and review it on Profy when worth it.

This is why I am kind of proud of seeing an article at the Times of London about the Russian search engine Yandex not only competing with Google but actually having a larger market share here in Russia than the search giant - 55% versus Google’s 21%. The article provides tons of interesting statistics and financial information about Yandex and the exciting plans it has for the future, including opening an office in the Silicon Valley and hiring the best engineers across the ocean to further boost the company’s innovation."

Helge: Profy, Good, smile!

No comments: