The Finnish high-tech scene has been dominated by Nokia for more than a decade. We've a number of interesting innovative companies but they are much smaller and less known than the mobile giant. My concern is that we would need more small start-up innovators to create something that would extend our image to fields outside the mobile gadgets world. Or maybe these could concentrate on the content generation for the mobile devices.
- Do middle-sized listed companies have the time, resources and courage to do continuous product development?
- Should we have more garage and incubator start-ups to generate new ideas, concepts, products and services?
- Where are our Web 2.0 developers?
- Where is the Finnish iPod-generation hiding?
- Wouldn't it be cool to get some new things to play with at the school
- What about multimedia? Podcasting? Webcasting?
- Why are we having such a low profile in these fields?