Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Corporate Blogs Finland #001 conclusion

I'm ready for the first conclusion. Most of the blogs I found with the reference "Corporate Blogs Finland are informative". The writing styles are not very personal. The posts are well written and logical, but the posts are not trying to persuade or entertain. This is the beginning of my journey to the corporate blogging world. I have only analyzed a handful so far.

Spring is coming. The light is getting brighter. The wind doesn't have that cold bite to it anymore. This work will continue for some time. Business and Corporate blogging is such a new thing. There isn't much to look for in the Finnish blogosphere. But I keep on digging. I suppose there are quite a few hidden corporate blogs, written by people who are writing about the company but using smoke screens. There is a Swedish study saying that 4 % of Swedish companies have corporate blogs. How many CEO's are blogging? I guess the number is very small.

4 comments:

Teemu said...

I personally know many who are blogging for their own staff. I think it's the best way to start, next to reading other blogs. It's better to learn to drive a car before you try to sell one, right?

Helge Keitel said...

Thanks for your comment, I agree with what you say. I've been blogging for quite some time. I did it even before the emergence of easy to use blogging platforms. But corporate bloggin is a somewhat different story. Do you have written rules for your company concering what should or shouldn't come up in a corporate or business blog? I guess big companies are still on the hold concerning corporate blogs. Br Helge

Teemu said...

Yes I have an agreement and that is that there is no agreement other than trust. If you don't trust your own people to promote your organization, then those people would be working for someone else anyway. Forcing rules in an informal conversation turns it into formal corp-speak and the medium dies. Truly meaningful relationships will not form in such a hostile environment.

Helge Keitel said...

Teemu, that's a very cleaver statement.