Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Podtech Future Discussion

Helge V. Keitel digitalvillages: @mintigal , @Scobleizer , I watch podtech webcasts. They Inform about US technology and business. I guess they should reach out globally! Silicon Valley is only a small part of viewer potential.


"There have been a number of reports that silicon valley based Podtech is literally falling apart. I spoke to Podtech CEO John Furrier and asked him how many of the rumors are true. While he certainly fed me a certain amount of spin, the company has at least a few signs of life." Writes TechCrunch.

This lead to an intensive twittering about the future of Podtech. Some comments indicate that Podtech webcasts would be boring and of no value. I disagree. They are very informative and useful for someone living thousand miles away from the events, seminars and mashups.

I like to follow the tech culture evolution through podcasts, webcasts, twitters and blogs. The entertainment value isn't essential. The value is in learning about new things from a distance. It would be impossible to attend the events and seminars. There are cost and time limitations. I would need a second life to get all the time required. The real value for me is to be informed but need to attend live.

No comments: