Pages

Monday, August 06, 2007

Confessions of a LinkedIn Dropout

Helge: I've never got started with LinkedIn but I'm very happy with Facebook. I'm only two weeks into Facebook and two years of Xing. I don't know why my interest for Xing has been decreasing after a very good start. Facebook hype is attracting participants and the result is a rapid growth of relevant connections.

BUSINESS WEEK
Jeff Pulver in Business Week: Confessions of a LinkedIn Dropout: "Are you on Facebook yet? Maybe you should be. I made this pronouncement on my blog recently, encouraging my friends and contacts to join me in leaving LinkedIn behind. Little did I know the ripple effect it would have.

Within hours of my posting, several high-tech bloggers took note of the move and started their own LinkedIn vs. Facebook discussions, many asking whether Facebook, a site that began as a social network for college kids, could replicate LinkedIn, a network aimed at helping professionals forge and maintain business connections.

Hundreds of my contacts who did not have a Facebook account as recently as March were swarming Facebook by mid-July. Everywhere there were 'Facebook for Business' blog posts, and the network, it seemed, had suddenly recaptured the attention of key executives across the media, entertainment, communications, and Internet fields."

No comments: