Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Occam’s RazR

Helge: Easy to agree with what Occam’s RazR is writing, blogging. I guess, this is the reason why Jaiku and Twitter have become so popular. The most important messages don't need more than 140 characters. However, I read a book written by the Russian writere Vasili Grossman "Life and Destiny" and it's 840 pages and fun to read. It's about 2nd World War, Stalingrad, the Gulags, Stalin's time, etc. Not fun at all, deep and scaring, but I love it.

Occam’s RazR: "Too Much Information. We’re not just swimming in it - we’re soaking in it. you can’t possibly keep up with all that stuff that’s already happened I’ve long held the notion that children in the United States would do better in school if they just had the confidence to believe they could in fact understand things.

Instead, in my humble opinion, they are psyched out by the overload of data that envelopes us all. And if you can’t possibly keep up with all that stuff that’s already happened, then how can you ever be hip to the now? I’m going to break this meme up, because I see where TMI is warping our sensibilities at two different levels - macro and micro. As I finish those particular essays, I’ll link across to them."

No comments: