Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

MEDIABLITZ 2.0

MEDIABLITZ 2.0: "Robert Scoble posted a picture of Twitter's door. Part of his day was spent visiting their offices. Biz sent out an email announcing new hires, the tracker function, and promoting the new PBS Show Wired Science who you can follow @ http://twitter.com/wiredscience. "

Angelasm

About


Here's a link to Anita Hamilton's Time article 'Why Everyone's Talking About Twitter' (from March '06, after SXSW).

Angela Penny writes, "I love Twitter, I'm addicted to it and I am completely voyeuristic when it comes to some people whom I've never met. It supplies a real time snapshot of developments in the Web 2.0, social media arena."

Helge: I agree, it's the fastest way to get an idea about what is happening in the Web 2.0 sphere.

Angela continues, "It's just a place to post random thoughts that you think are worth sharing in less than 140 characters. The tired argument against Twitter is than everyone just posts 'I'm eating a burrito'. Which isn't true.

Twitter is an easy way to discuss events, ideas, news stories, new photos. The problem is that unless you have a blog or a web site that you are posting longer stories or you have a totally unrelated job it's easy to just post sentences as often as you want during the day and feel like you're really accomplishing something.

Businesses that use twitter are smart but very few of them get it right. There are weird Twitter spammers who befriend you in the hope of getting you to friend them back."

Helge: I also know a lot of people on Twitter, Jaiku and Facebook that I never met face to face in real life.
This post is also related to what I commented on Robert Scobleizer's blog:

  1. Scoblizer, I do agree about feeds. First I thought the feeds are great. I haven’t been to my Google feeds for weeks.

    Nothing bad with the feeds. I might get a slow day and it’s like getting back and reading old newspapers. It’s fun, in summer, I like to read old stuff.

    Feeds are about times gone. History!

    Now I rely on Jaiku and Twitter as my daily inspiration for what to read and what to react to.

    Facebook does a good assembly work. It’s like an old-fashioned factory doing good assembly.

    Microblogs are the contemporary rumour-machines.

    Br
    Helge
    Finland

    Comment by Helge V. Keitel — October 15, 2007 @ 10:36 am



Robert Scoble Twittered today: Conflict and sensationalism grab attention. Attention turns to audience. Audience turns to money. Welcome to the price of fame.

Helge: Twitter and Jaiku are also contemporary learning environments. New things are published as they happen.


No comments: