Start - a few years ago
Aberdeen was one of my first entrepreneurial international operations destinations.
I wrote this in my Wiki over a year ago.
Over the last two years or so we have been busy redesigning some the web based information about our services. There have been a few good books about social collaboration, networking, Web 2.0 and corporate blogging. There have been big events and conferences all over the US and a couple good ones in Europe about it too. Here we try to collect things we find useful for us and our clients on Internet.
- It is not possible at this point for any business structure small and big one - not to have a blog.
- Each business entity has to be known and easy-to-be found on Internet.
- Each company has to have a place where customers can say a few words about that company or the competitors, the products or services or even more - what more is needed.
- We suspected that making graphical changes might actually increase conversions and so far this is very much the case.
- We found that by making some small but trendy content changes improved visitor confidence enough to really effect our earnings.
- Simplicity, doing less, semantics and standards are all keywords being flung around the web-two-o-sphere.