Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2007

reason #132 why the iphone is awesome at my life, my pace

reason #132 why the iphone is awesome at my life, my pace: ...And, of course, I can’t find them because most mainstream stores don’t carry a wide selection of tennis shoes since all their space is taken up by basketball and running shoes.

So I go to another shoe store, which has several different tennis shoes to choose from, just not the ones I was looking for.

At this point, I decided that I’d better settle for something else besides the ones I had in the interest of not going insane from going on a pointless shoe hunt. But how to choose when I knew nothing about these shoes?

Well, that’s why the iPhone is awesome. All I had to do was whip it out, open up Safari and look up reviews of all the shoes that I saw in the store. As I was sitting there doing that, an employee actually came by and asked me if I needed help.

Helge: Personal shopping assistant.

I really wanted to say, “No thanks. There’s nothing that you can tell me that my iPhone can’t.” Which is true, by the way since employees tend to know nothing about what they’re selling (they’re simply not paid enough to care).

But I didn’t want to make him think I was a snooty iPhone owner, so I stuck with the simple, “No thanks.” Minutes later, I had my answer.

Helge: Self-service in your pocket.

I can in all honesty say I would have been screwed without my iPhone. There’s no way to efficiently look up random things like that on a regular phone, or even a smartphone (”efficiently” being the key word here…my husband’s Treo is capable of some surfing, but it’s a pain to use and most websites don’t work on it).

Sure, I could have just made a random choice, but then I could have been stuck giving my brother something that sucked. So yeah, that’s why I love and can’t live without my iPhone.

No comments: