Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

Saara Laaksonen at saaralaaksonen.com

I learned about Saara Laaksonen through Twitter. Here is a short quote from her blog.

saaralaaksonen.com: "The X-Cell Project Written on 11 July 2008 by Saara Laaksonen.

At the moment I’m working on a project called X-Cell. The work we’re doing includes testing and presenting new social media solutions for the purposes of local and regional organizations, schools and companies. The project is going on pretty well. We have for example agreed to do this pilot case with local schools in which at least two groups of students will be testing the use of a virtual computer as a part of the course they are studying.

I think the possibilities that social media and web 2.0 offer are endless and I’m really excited about this project. In general the companies are really interested in the web 2.0 and social media tools in this region but the biggest problem to get them use these tools is TIME, the lack of time. The thing is that it might be easy and fast to take new tools in use but if you don’t do anything with them or don’t use them right, the tools are pretty much useless and you won’t get any benefit out of using them. BUT, if you put a little bit of time and effort in using them, you might get good results out of those tools."

I'll write more about SL later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hei Helge!

Thanks for the quote and link to my blog! Now I'm really curious to see what you'll write about me later.

Let's keep in touch via Twitter! It's always a pleasure joining the conversation within the blogosphere and across social networks

Cheers
Saara

Helge Keitel said...

Saara, I'd like to know more about your work.

There is something in your attitude and style towards open innovation and collaboration that caught my attention.

I'm curious about that. It leads me to think about your personality. We could talk about that on Twitter.

Do you also use Jaiku? How about Facebook?

Br
Helge